Monday 4 June 2012

Review: Young Foundation Shade 1D

If you have been reading my blog regularly you would know that I had done a Brand Spotlight post about this brand.

Their products are totally made of clarified butter, or in other words, Ghee. Now I was really surprised and to be very honest, worried, that it might break me out, melt in the sun and other similar things. I mean, who smears Ghee on their face and leaves it there? I have done butter facials with amazing results but never Ghee.

My grandma used to make me apply Ghee on my lips whenever it got dry and I remembered that when i read about this company. So needless to say I was excited and Now I am even more excited.

NOTICE: Rave review coming up….

DSC04013

The product comes in a little 5GM pot and costs about 125INR and can be bought here online.

Sadly, it is available only in one place, goodlife, now. But they did mention to me that they would be available in more online stores soon. And I’m looking forward to that since my favourite sites are urbantouch and Medplusbeauty.

The colour that was sent to me matched my hand perfectly and is a little dark for me right now (summer) so I assume that in winter I will have to mix the light and the dark together to achieve my skin colour.

DSC04015

Ok, gotta state this, the bottle is teeny tiny. Is is smaller than the MAC concealer pots. In fact, it is smaller than the Fluidline. It almost looks like a mini concealer bottle. To be honest, when I received the package I thought that i had gotten really cute samples and I was excited.

Now to the actual product: What does the company claim: Certified organic clarified butter (Cow ghee) and kokum butter (garcinia indica) rejuvenate your skin as pure mineral colours blend with your skin for a lustrous l uminous complexion to give you that flawless look. The goodness of ghee and kokum will protect your skin from environmental factors. The natural mineral colours will brighten your skin for a fresh look throughout the day.

My opinion:

It has a hard texture. It isn’t soft at all like I imagined it would be. I honestly imagined it to feel very melted ghee-like. Not like frozen ghee. But it is really thick and at times hard to get out of the pot. But then again, I live in a hot climate and for me this is perfect because it didn’t melt, didn’t become unusable and didn’t budge off my face.

DSC04017

I think you can see the swatch. It blends perfectly on the skin on my hand but my hand is much more tanned than my face so I had to mix in a bit of my lighter toned (winter)MAC concealer over it to use. Why did i mix the concealer instead of the foundation? Because the textures matched.

DSC04019

My biggest peeve is that the ingredients list isn’t complete. I am sure these aren’t the only ingredients since i left it out and ants didn’t attack it Smile with tongue out I would appreciate it if they listed their inactive or other ingredients too.

I think we should push for a law to be passed that companies should list all their ingredients on their products since hardly any companies in India do.

Continue reading here

.

4 comments:

  1. Nice - do you think this will work for oily skin (acne prone?)

    Do join my blog http://ourexternalworld.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have oily skin during the summer, should work easily.

      Delete
  2. WOW! This is amazing! Rave review really. I need to check and it is affordable too.

    love
    http://www.meghasarin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is amazing. I use it as a concealer in summer.

      Delete